Monday, December 27, 2010

White Christmas!!!

Luke looking into his stocking to see what was inside :)
This is Brian's new hat that Luke is obsessed with!
just got back from our Christmas walk!
so much snow! (well for us at least :)
our little family Christmas walk! Luke loved being outside!


White Christmas 2010! We have never had a white Christmas in our entire lives so this was so fun! I have always wanted to have snow on Christmas day! It is just fitting! We had a great Christmas. Christmas Eve we went to a great Church service at our Church, then headed over to my parents house with my brothers and their families to eat dinner and open presents. It's always a special time for me and I know my parents b/c my brother Brian and Mary are home from Memphis. We miss them so much and it's fun to all be together and watch all the cousins play together. It was a fun and wild time! Christmas morning we woke up, went into Luke's room and sat down and read the Christmas story out of Luke's little Bible we gave him. Brian and I want to start a tradition that before we go in and open presents we are going to pile into bed with each other and read the true meaning of what Christmas is all about. After we read the story we turned on music and all sat in the floor and open stockings and presents. It was so fun this year since Luke can now open presents! He gets it now and next year is going to be even more fun! He pulled his little stuff out of the stocking and loved it. We then let him open his presents. I didn't put presents out this year from Santa so he could tear open stuff, but next year will be so different and I can't wait! After we opened presents I made us some Belgium waffles and we all sat around the table and ate. Luke went back and took a nap, and so did Mama while dad read his new cookbook :) Lunch we headed down to my brothers house which was so awesome driving a half mile down the street! That is what I call a great Christmas commute! :) We had a nice lunch there and then came back home afterwards and took a nice Christmas walk in the snow! We rested again afterwards and watched Brian's new movie Despicable Me (it's funny if you are wanting to know!) That night we headed back to my parents house for my entire dad's side of the family Christmas. There were like 40 of us there so it's always a big time. There is nothing better than a huge family! It's a lot of fun to me. Sunday we got up and ready to head to ATL for Christmas with his sister and mom only to get 30 minutes away from home and turn around! It was so icy on all the bridges and it was very scary. I was pretty much worried the entire time we were out and so glad we turned around. I think we saw about 20 wrecks. Anyway, Sunday we rested and hung out! It was a great Christmas. Now I am ready to clean up decorations and get ready for the new year ahead ahead of us :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment