Yep, I have gotten into sewing! I am obsessed! I sit here on the couch and look around at stuff in my house thinking, "what can I sell?" just so I can go buy fabric! How sad is that! My sweet friend Jill taught me how to make shorts a couple of weeks ago. It is so easy and now makes me mad that I have bought stuff when I could have made it! I went to another friends house Margaret Ann who helped me last week and now I can make pants! I am going to her house to this week and learning to make a romper/jon jon and I am so excited! I have wanted to start sewing for several years now and finally I have learned! It is therapeutic and I really do enjoy it. I keep making shorts or pants and don't have shirts to go with them, but hopefully I can get my applique girl on board :) so needless to say, I might need to go get a job at a fabric store :) Of course I fall in love with this when I need to be using money on the boys rooms! :) Oh well, I have made Luke some cute red seersucker pants, and some other shorts. I have to just find ways to get some more fabric and go from there. But honestly, it is really easy and love it so much! My family has been laughing at me for being so obsessed :) Even Brian :) but he is proud of me! I am going to save us money though in the long run on our boys clothes! Can't wait to make them matching stuff now! :)
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Mama's new obsession!
Yep, I have gotten into sewing! I am obsessed! I sit here on the couch and look around at stuff in my house thinking, "what can I sell?" just so I can go buy fabric! How sad is that! My sweet friend Jill taught me how to make shorts a couple of weeks ago. It is so easy and now makes me mad that I have bought stuff when I could have made it! I went to another friends house Margaret Ann who helped me last week and now I can make pants! I am going to her house to this week and learning to make a romper/jon jon and I am so excited! I have wanted to start sewing for several years now and finally I have learned! It is therapeutic and I really do enjoy it. I keep making shorts or pants and don't have shirts to go with them, but hopefully I can get my applique girl on board :) so needless to say, I might need to go get a job at a fabric store :) Of course I fall in love with this when I need to be using money on the boys rooms! :) Oh well, I have made Luke some cute red seersucker pants, and some other shorts. I have to just find ways to get some more fabric and go from there. But honestly, it is really easy and love it so much! My family has been laughing at me for being so obsessed :) Even Brian :) but he is proud of me! I am going to save us money though in the long run on our boys clothes! Can't wait to make them matching stuff now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's great gina!!! keep it up! i'm working on learning how to make bubbles right now and hope to be able to sew some on sunday. my hardest part is finding the time to pull everything out and work on it for a few hours without disruptions. :)
ReplyDelete