Friday, August 21, 2009

Brian's Surprise!!

Somerset House Bed & Breakfast


So last weekend Brian turned the BIG 30! We had a great weekend and lots of fun! It was exhausting, but a lot of fun! So Friday night we went and ate at Highlands and it was awesome! I had triggerfish which was the best fish I think I have ever had! :) Brian had duck I think? Anyway, when the dessert came out I handed Brian a little package all wrapped up. He pulled out a sheet of paper with this picture on it! It said at the top "We are staying here tonight"!!! He looked very confused of course and a little skeptical as I was too! I told him we had to drive to Talladega though after dinner. So when we got there the very nice owner was waiting on the porch for us! This house was beautiful! Girls, I would recommend this to anyone! It was great and not expensive!! When we got there the owner took us in the house and kind of showed us around and then brought us up to our room! There are 4 rooms in the house to stay in. We were in the Weems room that had pretty blue walls, and a nice white comforter, and a blue toile bathroom! It was great! The next morning we walked downstairs and Gloria (the owners mom who is 85) had the table all set for us! She had coffee and orange juice out. We sat down and she brought us a bowl of fruit and then for the main course we had french toast with bacon. It was very good and so nice! You almost forget you are only 45 minutes from home! Gloria ended up sitting with us at the table after we ate for an hour and just talked to us. She was very sweet!
After we left I went to go pick up Luke's chair which is adorable!! Pictures later I promise! :0) Then Brian's sister Anna and her husband Drew came down for the night! We had a few friends over for Brian's birthday and had a lot of fun!
This weekend is a whirlwind itself! Brian's mom is coming to stay with us tonight and take us to dinner, then I have my big shower tomorrow morning, and then off to my parents house for my grandmother's 85th birthday party! Thank goodness we are going to the beach next weekend for my birthday! I need to rest! :)
More on this weekend later with pictures from the shower, etc.... HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment