I just got this picture from one of my neighbors from Easter this year! This is only a "few" kids from one section of the neighborhood and it's not even all of them! Every year our little section of the neighborhood has a Easter egg hunt and then they all sit in a circle and one of the mom's tells the Easter story! It is so neat that we live in a culture that one allows this, and two that we are even aware of who God is!
Today I am going to start a little fun project that involves a photo book, flashcards, and markers :) I want to make a scripture book of different Bible verses that I pray everyday for Luke and something he can keep his whole life. It has been on my heart a lot lately to make sure and pray for Luke and Brian, but for Luke to grow up and know who God is and how to have a relationship with him. Of course I pray for Brian and Luke everyday, but I want to have verses that I pray daily so that even Luke will have them memorized at an early age. My parents made sure we knew who God was, and I want to do the same with our kids. I use to think our children needed to go to Christian school to make sure they learn Biblical principles throughout their life, but honestly even though I grew up from K4 to 12th grade at a great private Christian school, my teachings of who the Lord was and how to have a relationship with him came from my home and I think that is more important than anything. I do hope to one day send Luke and any other child of mine to the same school, because that in all would just be a bonus! :)
Didn't mean for this to be a serious post! Just what was on my mind this morning! Gotta go, Luke is trying to eat the computer :) love this little monkey of mine :)
I think your book sounds precious. My sis in law made a book for me at my baby shower where everyone wrote a blessing over Samuel - it's so sweet and something he can have forever. It is definitely our responsibility to teach our little ones about Jesus - you are right not to depend on the schools or church to do it. That's why I love that I get to be a stay at home mom so I can make sure that those values are instilled in Samuel. I found some precious christian children's books at the vapor thrift store - $.25 a piece and one of them is called "Samuel hears from God." :)
ReplyDelete