Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 years ago today.....




Brian asked me to marry him!!!!!!

Sweetest day on November 4th we were at the beach in Seagrove, FL where his grandparents have a house. We got dressed to go to dinner and Brian wanted to go take some pretty pictures of us with the sunset. We took a few pictures and then Brian randomly handed me this book. I open it up and it is pictures of us from the whole year of us dating and the different places we had gone. I still at this point thought it was just a sweet book that Brian had made for me. I get to the very end of the page to the last picture of us in California and it has Isaiah 58:8 "May the Lord always be our rear guard" then right under it it said I LOVE YOU. Brian always said that he wouldn't tell anybody he loved them until he proposed to them, so when I read this in the book I read it, and was like awe that is so sweet, and then I said "Wait, you just told me you loved me!!!!" Then he took my hand and wrapped a string around it and the very very sad thing is I don't remember exactly what he said b/c all I kept thinking about is here is the moment my entire life I have been waiting for and I wanted to soak in every second, so I am horrible and can't remember. Brian tell me so I can put it in here :) The string though symbolized that it could never be broken and that we would make a commitment to each other. He asked me to marry him and I said YES! We hugged and kissed and I was so excited that I didn't even realize he had not put a ring on my finger! I remember him saying, do you want your ring!! ha! Well oh yea!! He pulled the ring out and I still at that moment couldn't believe that I finally had a gorgeous diamond ring that was all mine!!!!!!!!!!! It was beautiful. We got married 6 months later on April 21, 2007. It was the best day of my life.
I Love you Brian so much! Thank you for picking me to marry you!!!! :)

3 comments: