oH my goodness!!! My baby is one!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!!! It feels like yesterday Brian and I were driving to the hospital at 4:30 am to check in for my induction. They sent us to room 304 where we would be for the next 2 days. I had a great delivery with just a few setbacks including them sticking me 7 TIMES to get my IV going which hurt worse than having Luke! Agh! Praying that doesn't happen again here soon. I remember getting my epidural along with the bloodpressure cuff going off, a contraction, and a huge needle going in me the same time! I looked up at Brian with my head on the nurse's shoulder and said "help me". It hurt like haites, but then I was a happy camper 20 seconds later and could conquer the world, until I started having a panic attack b/c I couldn't move my entire body except for my arms literally. They gave me too much of a epidural dose and I was way numb and it FREAKED ME OUT. Brian had to constantly move my feet the whole day because I was going crazy. I know some people like the feeling, but oh my gosh not me! I dialated pretty fast and was ready to push when my doctor came in and said I had to wait an hour b/c he had an emergency c-section. I think Luke would have been out in about 30 minutes if I had not waited! I did only push one hour and 10 minutes though so not bad! I will take it! I remember falling asleep in between contractions and Brian having to wake me up to push ha! Brian was THE BEST COACH ever and I can't wait to experience all of this again with him. At 2:53 pm on Thursday, November 19th Dr. Woods handed me the most precious human being in this world, Luke Edward Harris. He was perfect. All I could think about was that this baby just came out of me! He was mine, all mine. The most perfect and miraculous gift that God could give anyone (I am crying writing this right now :)) Brian has me on video holding Luke and just looking up at Brian. I remember looking at Luke and then spotting his crazy dark hair, and then what was that? He had this beautiful white blond streak right in the front of his head! We assumed it was his birthmark! He was even more cool than we thought :) I will never forget this day as long as I live. It was one of the best days of my life. I am writing this story now b/c I never did it when Luke was born. Thank you Luke for coming in to our lives! We love you more than anything!!
This morning Luke was up bright and early at 6 am the usual. Brian and I went into his room and sang Happy Birthday to him! He just smiled and then clapped when we were done :) We went into the kitchen and I had put balloons on his highchair and he just loved it! I gave him a bottle and we played then we all sat in the den and Luke opened his birthday gifts! He got a lawnmower and a Book! He loved them both and has played with them all day! After we opened gifts I made him some pancakes! He LOVES pancakes! I am pretty sure this is his most favorite thing ever! We put a 1 candle in the pancake and of course sang to him again! After Luke took his nap we went outside for his normal milestone picture in the yard! :) After the picture we headed to the zoo with Frannie, Izzie, and Anna Frances, then off to lunch with Brian! Tonight we stayed at home and ate sandwiches and gave Luke a cupcake to eat! He is going to have a bigger cake on Sunday for his party! He devoured the cupcake!!!! We sang to him again and he loved it! I also sang to him at 1:53 today as well :) I actually don't think I cried today! Yay me! It was a fun birthday and I can't wait until his Noah's Ark party on Sunday! More pictures to come!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE! WE LOVE YOU!!!
"Every good and perfect gift comes from above" James 1:17
Happy Happy Birthday little friend!! Reid and I are so glad you two are birthday month buddies!! And congrats Mama and Daddy on making it through the first year!!
ReplyDelete