Sunday, April 25, 2010

Luke's First Beach Trip!

Got my shovel and bucket! Let's go to the beach!







first time to feel the ocean water! Brrr...a little chilly

hanging on the porch with dad




Mmmmm....this sand is good and salty


Sun wore me out...think I will take a nap



Well we just got back from our first beach trip with Luke! We had the BEST time! I was nervous about the road trip on Friday b/c Luke was being real fussy. About a 45 minutes into the trip he starts screaming and we are like ok this is going to be our first and last beach trip. A few minutes later I gave him some Peaches and he was back to happy Luke baby.
Saturday morning we got up and it had been raining and was very overcast. We decided to go on a walk all around Seaside and just enjoy the morning. Of course we were like the only people out this early b/c we had been up since 7. We got back and decided to go down to the beach and let Luke have his first beach experience. I brought our baby bjorn thing to strap him on one of us and it was the best! I will tell all my friends to bring this if you have to walk to the beach a few yards! It was so nice and we had our hands free to bring whatever else we needed. We didn't bring a lot down there. It's not like Luke needs a bunch of toys so it was fine. We get down to the beach and it is SOOO incredibly windy that we could hardly put anything down. We set up the sun dome that I registered for specifically b/c we go to the beach all the time....well it popped out of the little bag and Brian tried to put it down and it broke...GREAT. I was so upset b/c I had just used this at the pool and it was wonferful to have! Brian is going to try and fix it, but now I need to go buy something more sturdy for when we go back. We got a few pictures of Luke. We just put him in the water to feel it, but didn't let him in the sand until today. The first beach experience lasted 10 minutes and we came back up! It was too windy. Later that day we went down to Rosemary to the wine bar and hung out with our friends. Brian made us an awesome dinner Saturday night and we watched a movie.
Sunday we got up and went down to the beach! We finally put Luke in the sand to see what he would do and he really liked it! Of course he is like any baby and started to eat it :) I did let him put his hand in his mouth so he could taste the sand! I mean he was dying to put his hands in his mouth so I let him :) Anyway, we had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back soon!

3 comments:

  1. You guys got some great pictures! Sounded nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute pics of Luke! I'm glad yall had fun! We have a really good sun tent for Delaney that we bought last year because we went quite a bit too and it has been great and is really easy to use and seems sturdy. Hers is pink but they have blue ones too.. the website we got hers is www.abogear.com or you can google the name of the tent (I think this website was the cheapest for this one tent) its called Tot Tent. ANyway hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! So glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete