Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Peanut Butter!


Well we had our first allergic reaction last night with welps and all!! Brian loves some peanut butter and eats it everyday before dinner and bed. Well last night he was eating eat, then went to change Luke in his pajamas. We love giving Luke zerberts on his neck and belly and he thinks it's hilarious! Well after Brian changed him and picked him up he was like um, Gina Luke is breaking out with something! I look at his neck and all underneath he is big time broken out in these huge welps that looked liked mosquitos attacked him! So what do I do? Call Amanda of course (my sister in law). If she had not answered the phone I probably would have freaked out :) Anyway we go ahead and ride down the street to their house ( LOVE that they live down the street from me!) and she looks at him and by this time he is breaking out on his belly. So I go ahead and call the doctor an they told me to give him benedryl just like Amanda said! It knocked him out and he was all better after 10 minutes!!

So to all of the moms out there, to anybody out there, and grandparents out there is a huge rule that you NEVER give a baby peanut butter before they are one years old! I have always known this, but if a baby gets this before they are a year it can be traumatic! We just hope Luke grows out of this reaction b/c I think both Brian and I can eat our weight in peanut butter! :)

Fun filled Tuesday night in the Harris household! :) We are off to the pool today with our cousins! Fletch is in town! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! Glad he is ok! I'm sure he'll be eating tons of PB as a tyke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so afriad something like that is going to happen around here!! I LOVE peanut butter too and Reid is always trying to grab whatever I am eating now. Glad to know what to do!

    ReplyDelete